Friday, December 29, 2006

Weave

Hey guys, this is some really old work that i did back in my days at Parsons. It was my senior project in the animation and illustration department. I never finished the animaton to my liking, but i do like what is there.

I started out with some sketches of the characters to get a better idea of their personality. This actually helps develop the story a lot more. I had an entire sketchbook devoted to this project. These are only a few of the sketches.







These are a few 360 turn arounds.

This character is the one that started the story for me even though it only appears on screen for 2 minutes. The final color i went with was the light tan.



The main character Simon.



This is Liad, one of Simon's classmates.



The whole story actually follows the boy Simon from the age of 8 until he's 14 or so. However, it was impossible for me to fully animate all of it and i only did a mood piece for it.

No comments: